“A fun way to eat and learn about Providence!”
“Our family had a great time eating delicious food and learning about Providence with our excellent tour guide, Jenny. She is a wealth of knowledge about Providence, the RI food scene and the restaurants that we visited. While the food is important on a food tour (go figure!), the guide can make or break a tour- Jenny makes this tour great!
A good mix of sweet and savory, casual and upscale, American and ethnic- you won’t be bored! We enjoyed a couple of them so much that we went back to them later in our trip. Highly recommended!!”
“A MUST! LOVED IT!”
“12 other friends and I were visiting Newport and this was a surprise tour. We are all “foodies” and enjoyed this very much! Not only did we get to try the different foods, but we learned many historical facts about Newport. We visited two of the eateries from the tour and one of the sister eateries to a place we toured. When visiting Newport, this is a MUST! LOVED IT!”
““My sister, mother and I went on the Providence Food Tour in early September. It was so much fun! Our guide, Diandra, was very friendly and provided lots of interesting tidbits about the city as we walked from place to place. Providence is such a beautiful city! The food was excellent, lots of variety, it was fun to try so many different things. The pace was perfect. It was nice chatting with the other people in our group. Great combination of delicious food, interesting stories, and urban scenery. We really enjoyed ourselves.”
Group Tours Information
Please read the following information carefully before completing the Private Group Tour Request Form.
- Each Rhode Island Red private group food tour is a VIP experience, with all logistical and event details carefully curated by your group tour organizer. Upgraded curated gift boxes offered by request.
- Each food tasting and cultural walking tour highlights local and regional foods and restaurant specialties, including the history, culture and architecture of the city. Private group tours generally follow the same itinerary as our public tours, but some customization or curated experiences are available upon request.
- Participants: Minimum of 10, maximum of 14. For larger group sizes, ask us about the possibility of booking multiple tours. All private group food tours are approximately 3-3.5 hours in length.
- Private tours are generally easier to book on weekdays than on weekends. Many of our tours sell out in advance.
- Rhode Island Red Food Tours will do our best to accommodate any particular allergies or dietary restrictions of your private group event. Just let us know!
- Private group food tours are held rain or shine and are not weather dependent. Please dress accordingly.
- Private group tour tickets are generally the same price, per person, as our public tours, or can be customized for an additional fee. A tour guide gratuity of 18% will be included in your total cost and provided directly to your tour guide(s). No refunds are given for no-shows or cancellations.
- Private group tour tickets purchased fewer than 15 days ahead of tour date require full payment to hold a specific date, tour route and time.
- Private group tour tickets purchased 15 days prior to tour date require a $250 non-refundable deposit, to be applied toward the total cost of the tour, to be paid via credit card to hold date, time slot(s), and tour guide(s). Balance must be paid no less than 15 days prior to tour date.
- Private tours scheduled for Friday, Saturday or Sundays must purchase all 14 spots available on the tour. All other days require a minimum of 10 guests or tickets purchased.
- Final headcount and remaining balance are due 10 business days prior to the event.
- Once purchased, all deposits and payments are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled.