“AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE!”
“My friends and I agreed that this tour was worth every penny and was a wonderful way to explore a new city while filling our bellies and getting a healthy buzz (I highly recommend upgrading to the alcohol-included option — such a nice variety of libations!)
The restaurants were all so welcoming and excited to have us and our tour guide Diandra was an absolute delight. RI Red Food Tours is lucky to have her on their team! While our only hiccup was a 100-degree day, it felt as though she would be able to handle any curveball with grace!!”
“12 other friends and I were visiting Newport and this was a surprise tour. We are all “foodies” and enjoyed this very much! Not only did we get to try the different foods, but we learned many historical facts about Newport. We visited two of the eateries from the tour and one of the sister eateries to a place we toured. When visiting Newport, this is a MUST! “
“Jenny was an amazing tour guide. This was the perfect addition to our Girls Get-Away Weekend. The restaurants were an eclectic tour of Providence. We made a point to visit a couple of them again after the tour. Well worth the money and I would so do another tour again!!”
Group Tours Information
Please read the following information carefully before completing the Private Group Tour Request Form.
- All logistical and event details are carefully curated by the private group tour organizer and Rhode Island Red Food Tours.
- Our Private Group Tours are VIP Experiences which include some extra perks
- We offer any of our Food Tour experiences as corporate and private events with extra perks for a VIP Experience
- Minimum Participants per tour: 10 , Maximum Participants per tour: 14 – For larger groups the possibility of multiple groups exists.
- All private group food tours are approximately 3-3.5 hours in length.
- Private group tours are the exact same experiences as the Public Tours only in a private group setting. Some customization maybe available upon request.
- Each food tasting and cultural walking tour highlights local and regional foods and restaurant specialties, including the history, culture and architecture of the city.
- Weekday private tours are generally easier to book than weekend tours and can sell out in advance.
- Rhode Island Red Food Tours will do our best to accommodate any particular allergies or dietary restrictions of your private group event.
- Private group food tours are held rain or shine.
What To Expect
Distinct Rhode Island Flavors – With a world-class culinary school, it’s little wonder Rhode Island has become a destination for talented chefs. Newport is no exception to this trend, drawing talent from major metropolitan cities around the country. During your Newport Neighborhood Tour, you will discover eclectic out-of-the-way neighborhood eateries – with a homey vibe, where the locals know to go as well as hotbeds of food and fun in the more traveled parts of the city. Step inside some of what may appear as a hole-in-the-wall café or an authentic, cozy 18th century tavern and you will be surprised to find a mouthwatering food scene, using regional influences with a strong commitment to sustainable ingredients.
Little-known Neighborhood Pathways – Between tastings you’ll not only stroll past and learn about the City by the Seas’ 17th & 18th century colonial architecture, but also get a glimpse of how these early neighborhoods came to influence American history. You’ll hear fascinating tales of local legends and folklore dating from our early forefathers to modern iconic heiresses. Our Newport Neighborhood Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour is full of fun, facts, and food!