“A Great Time for A Birthday Surprise!”
“We 4 women loved every aspect of the tour: the choice of restaurants, the actual food, the walking and talking, the history, and the other guests on the tour with us! Andrew was awesome and Paula met us with a birthday cake since there were so many birthdays in the group. Fabulous!”
“Newport food tour with Sarah.”
“I bought this tour for my dad’s birthday to explore more of and learn more about Newport. Sarah was a very knowledgeable and fun tour guide! We enjoyed the day very much and would definitely recommend it to locals and tourists alike!”
“Great Birthday Celebration!”
“Our tour guide was Jenny. She did a fabulous job of taking us around downtown Providence stopping at 7 different foodie joints. Each venue had a unique vibe depending on what you were looking for. It was my son’s 17th birthday celebration, and the group made sure to look out for him as well as to pass him any extras. Our group was lucky enough to find a floating Happy Birthday balloon that they passed on to my son. We couldn’t have asked for a more fun time or group of people to spend the day with. Thanks!!”
Group Tours Information
Please read the following information carefully before completing the Private Group Tour Request Form.
- All logistical and event details are carefully curated by the private group tour organizer and Rhode Island Red Food Tours.
- Our Private Group Tours are VIP Experiences which include some extra perks
- We offer any of our Food Tour experiences as corporate and private events with extra perks for a VIP Experience
- Minimum Participants per tour: 10 , Maximum Participants per tour: 14 – For larger groups the possibility of multiple groups exists.
- All private group food tours are approximately 3-3.5 hours in length.
- Private group tours are the exact same experiences as the Public Tours only in a private group setting. Some customization maybe available upon request.
- Each food tasting and cultural walking tour highlights local and regional foods and restaurant specialties, including the history, culture and architecture of the city.
- Weekday private tours are generally easier to book than weekend tours and can sell out in advance.
- Rhode Island Red Food Tours will do our best to accommodate any particular allergies or dietary restrictions of your private group event.
- Private group food tours are held rain or shine.
What To Expect
Distinct Rhode Island Flavors – With a world-class culinary school, it’s little wonder Rhode Island has become a destination for talented chefs. Newport is no exception to this trend, drawing talent from major metropolitan cities around the country. During your Newport Neighborhood Tour, you will discover eclectic out-of-the-way neighborhood eateries – with a homey vibe, where the locals know to go as well as hotbeds of food and fun in the more traveled parts of the city. Step inside some of what may appear as a hole-in-the-wall café or an authentic, cozy 18th century tavern and you will be surprised to find a mouthwatering food scene, using regional influences with a strong commitment to sustainable ingredients.
Little-known Neighborhood Pathways – Between tastings you’ll not only stroll past and learn about the City by the Seas’ 17th & 18th century colonial architecture, but also get a glimpse of how these early neighborhoods came to influence American history. You’ll hear fascinating tales of local legends and folklore dating from our early forefathers to modern iconic heiresses. Our Newport Neighborhood Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour is full of fun, facts, and food!