“A Great Time for A Birthday Surprise!”
“We 4 women loved every aspect of the tour: the choice of restaurants, the actual food, the walking and talking, the history, and the other guests on the tour with us! Andrew was awesome and Paula met us with a birthday cake since there were so many birthdays in the group. Fabulous!”
“Newport food tour with Sarah.”
“I bought this tour for my dad’s birthday to explore more of and learn more about Newport. Sarah was a very knowledgeable and fun tour guide! We enjoyed the day very much and would definitely recommend it to locals and tourists alike!”
“Great Birthday Celebration!”
“Our tour guide was Jenny. She did a fabulous job of taking us around downtown Providence stopping at 7 different foodie joints. Each venue had a unique vibe depending on what you were looking for. It was my son’s 17th birthday celebration, and the group made sure to look out for him as well as to pass him any extras. Our group was lucky enough to find a floating Happy Birthday balloon that they passed on to my son. We couldn’t have asked for a more fun time or group of people to spend the day with. Thanks!!”
Group Tours Information
Please read the following information carefully before completing the Private Group Tour Request Form.
- Each Rhode Island Red private group food tour is a VIP experience, with all logistical and event details carefully curated by your group tour organizer. Upgraded curated swag bags offered by request.
- Each food tasting and cultural walking tour highlights local and regional foods and restaurant specialties, including the history, culture and architecture of the city. Private group tours generally follow the same itinerary as our public tours, but some customization or curated experiences are available upon request.
- Participants: Minimum of 10, maximum of 14. For larger group sizes, ask us about the possibility of booking multiple tours. All private group food tours are approximately 3-3.5 hours in length.
- Private tours are generally easier to book on weekdays than on weekends. Many of our tours sell out in advance.
- Rhode Island Red Food Tours will do our best to accommodate any particular allergies or dietary restrictions of your private group event. Just let us know!
- Private group food tours are held rain or shine and are not weather dependent. Please dress accordingly.
- Private group tour tickets are generally start at $84 per person or can be customized for an additional fee. A tour guide gratuity of 20% will be included in your total cost and provided directly to your tour guide(s). No refunds are given for no-shows or cancellations.
- Private group tour tickets purchased fewer than 15 days ahead of tour date require full payment to hold a specific date, tour route and time.
- Private group tour tickets purchased 15 days prior to tour date require a $250 non-refundable deposit, to be applied toward the total cost of the tour, to be paid via credit card to hold date, time slot(s), and tour guide(s). Balance must be paid no less than 15 days prior to tour date.
- Private tours scheduled for Friday, Saturday or Sundays must purchase all 14 spots available on the tour. All other days require a minimum of 10 guests or tickets purchased.
- Final headcount and remaining balance are due 10 business days prior to the event.
- Once purchased, all deposits and payments are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled.