“Enthusiastic Guide; Tasty Eats!”
“Morgan guided us on the Off-the-Beaten-Path Food & Cultural Walking Tour, sharing highlights of historical sites we passed while detailing the backgrounds of eating establishments we visited and information about each tasting. A nice mix of foods. Easy slightly less than 2 miles of walking. Great for a group outing.”
“Great group activity!”
“Great way to check out the town, eat some delicious food and learn a bit of history. The guides were super friendly and the overall experience led to an even better weekend for the group I was with.”
“What an amazing experience!”
” 8 of us went on this Newport Food Tour and had a blast. We met wonderful fellow foodies and our guide, Morgan, was wonderful. She was knowledgeable, friendly, fun and engaging. The tour was a terrific blend of Newport food & rich Newport history. We made 6 stops and tried various kinds of food, both sweet & savory. Our group loved the sticky ribs, the calamari and the blood orange margarita best; however, everything we ate was excellent! Great destinations for our next trip. Highly recommend doing this as a fun way to see part of Newport, learn some history, eat great food & make new friends!
Group Tours Information
Please read the following information carefully before completing the Private Group Tour Request Form.
- Each Rhode Island Red private group food tour is a VIP experience, with all logistical and event details carefully curated by your group tour organizer. Upgraded curated swag bags offered by request.
- Each food tasting and cultural walking tour highlights local and regional foods and restaurant specialties, including the history, culture and architecture of the city. Private group tours generally follow the same itinerary as our public tours, but some customization or curated experiences are available upon request.
- Participants: Minimum of 10, maximum of 14. For larger group sizes, ask us about the possibility of booking multiple tours. All private group food tours are approximately 3-3.5 hours in length.
- Private tours are generally easier to book on weekdays than on weekends. Many of our tours sell out in advance.
- Rhode Island Red Food Tours will do our best to accommodate any particular allergies or dietary restrictions of your private group event. Just let us know!
- Private group food tours are held rain or shine and are not weather dependent. Please dress accordingly.
- Private group tour tickets generally start at $94 per person or can be customized for an additional fee. A tour guide gratuity of 20% will be included in your total cost and provided directly to your tour guide(s). No refunds are given for no-shows or cancellations.
- Private group tour tickets purchased fewer than 15 days ahead of tour date require full payment to hold a specific date, tour route and time.
- Private group tour tickets purchased 15 days prior to tour date require a $250 non-refundable deposit, to be applied toward the total cost of the tour, to be paid via credit card to hold date, time slot(s), and tour guide(s). Balance must be paid no less than 15 days prior to tour date.
- Private tours scheduled for Friday, Saturday or Sundays must purchase all 14 spots available on the tour. All other days require a minimum of 10 guests or tickets purchased.
- Final headcount and remaining balance are due 14 business days prior to the event.
- Once purchased, all deposits and payments are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled.