“Enthusiastic Guide; Tasty Eats!”
“Morgan guided us on the Off-the-Beaten-Path Food & Cultural Walking Tour, sharing highlights of historical sites we passed while detailing the backgrounds of eating establishments we visited and information about each tasting. A nice mix of foods. Easy slightly less than 2 miles of walking. Great for a group outing.”
“Great group activity!”
“Great way to check out the town, eat some delicious food and learn a bit of history. The guides were super friendly and the overall experience led to an even better weekend for the group I was with.”
“What an amazing experience!”
” 8 of us went on this Newport Food Tour and had a blast. We met wonderful fellow foodies and our guide, Morgan, was wonderful. She was knowledgeable, friendly, fun and engaging. The tour was a terrific blend of Newport food & rich Newport history. We made 6 stops and tried various kinds of food, both sweet & savory. Our group loved the sticky ribs, the calamari and the blood orange margarita best; however, everything we ate was excellent! Great destinations for our next trip. Highly recommend doing this as a fun way to see part of Newport, learn some history, eat great food & make new friends!
Group Tours Information
Please read the following information carefully before completing the Private Group Tour Request Form.
- All logistical and event details are carefully curated by the private group tour organizer and Rhode Island Red Food Tours.
- Our Private Group Tours are VIP Experiences which include some extra perks
- We offer any of our Food Tour experiences as corporate and private events with extra perks for a VIP Experience
- Minimum Participants per tour: 10 , Maximum Participants per tour: 14 – For larger groups the possibility of multiple groups exists.
- All private group food tours are approximately 3-3.5 hours in length.
- Private group tours are the exact same experiences as the Public Tours only in a private group setting. Some customization maybe available upon request.
- Each food tasting and cultural walking tour highlights local and regional foods and restaurant specialties, including the history, culture and architecture of the city.
- Weekday private tours are generally easier to book than weekend tours and can sell out in advance.
- Rhode Island Red Food Tours will do our best to accommodate any particular allergies or dietary restrictions of your private group event.
- Private group food tours are held rain or shine.
What To Expect
Distinct Rhode Island Flavors – With a world-class culinary school, it’s little wonder Rhode Island has become a destination for talented chefs. Newport is no exception to this trend, drawing talent from major metropolitan cities around the country. During your Newport Neighborhood Tour, you will discover eclectic out-of-the-way neighborhood eateries – with a homey vibe, where the locals know to go as well as hotbeds of food and fun in the more traveled parts of the city. Step inside some of what may appear as a hole-in-the-wall café or an authentic, cozy 18th century tavern and you will be surprised to find a mouthwatering food scene, using regional influences with a strong commitment to sustainable ingredients.
Little-known Neighborhood Pathways – Between tastings you’ll not only stroll past and learn about the City by the Seas’ 17th & 18th century colonial architecture, but also get a glimpse of how these early neighborhoods came to influence American history. You’ll hear fascinating tales of local legends and folklore dating from our early forefathers to modern iconic heiresses. Our Newport Neighborhood Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour is full of fun, facts, and food!