“Group Outing at Convention!”
“We had a fabulous time with Jenny, our tour guide, visiting various establishments and tasting a variety of foods. It was booked through a convention and there were 8 of us in our group. Jenny told is a bit of Providence history to start, then we strolled to 7 very different places. At each stop Jenny gave us background on the place and often the building as well. She also told us about some historical sites as we walked. She was a wonderful guide and we all enjoyed the food. Each establishment even had vegan options! You have the option to add certain alcoholic beverages at a few of the stops if you choose, though none of us did. It was a delightful day and if I came back, I’d request Jenny as my guide!”
“I was in town for a conference and looking for some things to do during the down time. We were so glad we decided to go on the food tour. Sara, our guide, did a fabulous job and was so personal and informative. A friend and I went and we both really enjoyed it. It was a wet and cold rainy overcast day but that didn’t stop us from having fun and feeling cozy and happy when we got to the destinations. The varieties of choices were good and all of the food offered was tasty. Sara really helped make the tour outstanding by filling in with interesting facts and history of the area. Great job!”
“Our Crew Outing for Trader Joe’s!”
“Once a year we pick an activity to do as a store. This year we chose the down city Rhode Island Red Food Tour. Very informative and fun trying out local places! The samples were generous and delicious! Check out the tour and learn more about Providence’s local downtown food scene!!”
Group Tours Information
Please read the following information carefully before completing the Private Group Tour Request Form.
- All logistical and event details are carefully curated by the private group tour organizer and Rhode Island Red Food Tours.
- Our Private Group Tours are VIP Experiences which include some extra perks.
- We offer any of our Food Tour experiences as corporate and private events.
- Minimum Participants per tour: 10 , Maximum Participants per tour: 14 – For larger groups the possibility of multiple groups exists.
- All private group food tours are approximately 3-3.5 hours in length.
- Private group tours are the exact same experiences as the Public Tours only in a private group setting. Some customization or specially curated experiences may be available upon request.
- Each food tasting and cultural walking tour highlights local and regional foods and restaurant specialties, including the history, culture and architecture of the city.
- Weekday private tours are generally easier to book than weekend tours and can sell out in advance.
- Rhode Island Red Food Tours will do our best to accommodate any particular allergies or dietary restrictions of your private group event.
- Private group food tours are held rain or shine.
What To Expect
Distinct Rhode Island Flavors – With a world-class culinary school, it’s little wonder Rhode Island has become a destination for talented chefs. Newport is no exception to this trend, drawing talent from major metropolitan cities around the country. During your Newport Neighborhood Tour, you will discover eclectic out-of-the-way neighborhood eateries – with a homey vibe, where the locals know to go as well as hotbeds of food and fun in the more traveled parts of the city. Step inside some of what may appear as a hole-in-the-wall café or an authentic, cozy 18th century tavern and you will be surprised to find a mouthwatering food scene, using regional influences with a strong commitment to sustainable ingredients.
Little-known Neighborhood Pathways – Between tastings you’ll not only stroll past and learn about the City by the Seas’ 17th & 18th century colonial architecture, but also get a glimpse of how these early neighborhoods came to influence American history. You’ll hear fascinating tales of local legends and folklore dating from our early forefathers to modern iconic heiresses. Our Newport Neighborhood Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour is full of fun, facts, and food!