“Group Outing at Convention!”
“We had a fabulous time with Jenny, our tour guide, visiting various establishments and tasting a variety of foods. It was booked through a convention and there were 8 of us in our group. Jenny told is a bit of Providence history to start, then we strolled to 7 very different places. At each stop Jenny gave us background on the place and often the building as well. She also told us about some historical sites as we walked. She was a wonderful guide and we all enjoyed the food. Each establishment even had vegan options! You have the option to add certain alcoholic beverages at a few of the stops if you choose, though none of us did. It was a delightful day and if I came back, I’d request Jenny as my guide!”
“I was in town for a conference and looking for some things to do during the down time. We were so glad we decided to go on the food tour. Sara, our guide, did a fabulous job and was so personal and informative. A friend and I went and we both really enjoyed it. It was a wet and cold rainy overcast day but that didn’t stop us from having fun and feeling cozy and happy when we got to the destinations. The varieties of choices were good and all of the food offered was tasty. Sara really helped make the tour outstanding by filling in with interesting facts and history of the area. Great job!”
“Our Crew Outing for Trader Joe’s!”
“Once a year we pick an activity to do as a store. This year we chose the down city Rhode Island Red Food Tour. Very informative and fun trying out local places! The samples were generous and delicious! Check out the tour and learn more about Providence’s local downtown food scene!!”
Group Tours Information
Please read the following information carefully before completing the Private Group Tour Request Form.
- Each Rhode Island Red private group food tour is a VIP experience, with all logistical and event details carefully curated by your group tour organizer. Upgraded curated swag bags offered by request.
- Each food tasting and cultural walking tour highlights local and regional foods and restaurant specialties, including the history, culture and architecture of the city. Private group tours generally follow the same itinerary as our public tours, but some customization or curated experiences are available upon request.
- Participants: Minimum of 10, maximum of 14. For larger group sizes, ask us about the possibility of booking multiple tours. All private group food tours are approximately 3-3.5 hours in length.
- Private tours are generally easier to book on weekdays than on weekends. Many of our tours sell out in advance.
- Rhode Island Red Food Tours will do our best to accommodate any particular allergies or dietary restrictions of your private group event. Just let us know!
- Private group food tours are held rain or shine and are not weather dependent. Please dress accordingly.
- Private group tour tickets are generally start at $84 per person or can be customized for an additional fee. A tour guide gratuity of 20% will be included in your total cost and provided directly to your tour guide(s). No refunds are given for no-shows or cancellations.
- Private group tour tickets purchased fewer than 15 days ahead of tour date require full payment to hold a specific date, tour route and time.
- Private group tour tickets purchased 15 days prior to tour date require a $250 non-refundable deposit, to be applied toward the total cost of the tour, to be paid via credit card to hold date, time slot(s), and tour guide(s). Balance must be paid no less than 15 days prior to tour date.
- Private tours scheduled for Friday, Saturday or Sundays must purchase all 14 spots available on the tour. All other days require a minimum of 10 guests or tickets purchased.
- Final headcount and remaining balance are due 10 business days prior to the event.
- Once purchased, all deposits and payments are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled.