Here at Rhode Island Red Food Tours, the health and safety of our guests, restaurant partners and community members is our top priority.
Our tours are scheduled to open for the season on 4/17, however, we have made the decision to delay our tours for the month of April and reopen May 1st.
We have been following the guidance of the CDC, WHO, and the State of Rhode Island leadership. We have made the decision to close our tours for April 2020.
We are thinking of our community, our guests, and our partners at this unprecedented time in our history.
Flexible booking options and health and safety measures
As a small business based in Rhode Island we work in direct partnership with community restaurants and food producers whose business is directly impacted by travel and tourism to our region. We understand that with the unknown spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19, many of you are adjusting your seasonal travel plans. We want you to know about our flexible booking options and our company’s commitment to the health and safety of our guests, our restaurant partners, and our team.
Here’s what we are doing:
- Monitoring Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidance on the most up to date practices. (The FDA* is not aware of any reports at this time of human illnesses that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging.)
- Upholding the highest industry standards when it comes to cleanliness and sanitation, implementing best practices, such as hand washing and sanitizing often on our tours and social distancing.
- Keeping our customers, community, and tour partners up to date on our plans and news.
- All tickets purchased through May 31, 2020 can be refunded in the form of a gift certificate to be used on any future tour, gift certificates never expire.
- Ticket Validity: All changes must be made at least 48 hours prior to the tour. No changes or refunds will be honored after the tour has elapsed. Valid on all tours and bookings made directly at: www.RhodeIslandRedFoodTours.com. Excludes purchases made via third party channels (e.g. TripAdvisor, Viator), as these channels unfortunately are not within Rhode Island Red Food Tours exclusive purview and operation.
How You Can Help
We know that there are difficult months ahead for all of us in the travel and tourism industry, and for the local businesses that we support on our tours.
If you’re looking for a way to support us and the bars & restaurants in the communities we operate in, we’d be grateful if you bought a gift certificate and purchased take out from our partners that are open.
You will be helping to ensure we can continue to delight our guests, and support our guides, staff and vendors into the future. We like to think of it as an investment in our shared future of exploring delicious RI cities together.
Another way you can make an impact without even leaving your couch? If you’ve been on one of our tours in the past, now’s a great time to leave a TripAdvisor or Google review. That little boost now will help future guests find us & get excited to join us.
We thank you for your understanding and compassion during these challenging times, and can’t wait to see you all once things have settled down.